New To Anaheim? Here Are Some Things You Should Know

If you plan on moving to Anaheim or if you’re only stopping there for vacation, there are some things that you should be aware of. Anaheim, a large city in southern California is densely populated with tourist attractions, such as Disneyland, and some of the best beaches in the country. What most people think of when they hear Anaheim is definitely Disneyland, but there is much more to the city than that. From nature scenery to a multitude of world-renown theme parks, Anaheim is chalk full of great attractions. However, as it is with any place, there are things you should know about the area in order to keep safe during your stay. Here are a few things that you may not have known about Anaheim, California.

Insects –

Since Anaheim is located in such a warm area, it is home to many animals, and even more insects. Some very common and dangerous pests are “black widow” spiders and “brown recluse” spiders. These spiders often seek refuge in boots, clothes, or any other seemingly unattended and dark area. The bites of these spiders are rarely fatal, but if you happen to not notice the bite and the venom goes untreated, you can be seriously injured. Always check for spiders in your shoes before you put them on! You should also be on the lookout for termites. Anaheim is home to these bugs that eat away at wood. For treating termites, Anaheim has some great exterminator services that will take care of your pest problem.

Reptiles –

termites. Anaheim

Aside from spiders, there are plenty of venomous reptiles that inhabit Anaheim and the surrounding areas. The most common one is the rattlesnake. If you are ever on a hike, you should always be wary of poisonous snakes. If you are ever near any streams or rivers, you should be careful not to pick up any newts that you may come across. They look harmless, but their skin contains toxins that can prove to be lethal if untreated. Another common creature that you may happen to encounter is a little bit hard to miss. The Gila Monster is a nearly two foot long lizard that has a poisonous bite. Although it isn’t lethal, it causes excruciating pain.

Hopefully you won’t encounter any of these creatures too often, however it is important to be prepared if you do.